Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Observation of the Toothbrush

This morning, while brushing my teeth with another man's toothbrush, I realized that the majority of my relationships start to see trouble when the man I am dating brings over his toothbrush. Normally, I am vehemently against using others' dental instruments, but he used the toothbrush exactly once at my house, and this morning, I really needed to use my old one (it didn't make sense to use his sparkling new one to remove lint and debris) to clean out the blow-dryer vent, and seeing as how he isn't going to use it again, I thought it would be okay to commit the hygienic crime.

While I know these relationship ills usually stem from bad timing, incompatibility, and general disagreement, and not the toothbrush, blaming the toothbrush seems much simpler, and sometimes, I wish it were that easy.

**Also, if you want to comment on the nature of my failed relationships, I would appreciate it if you would keep it to yourself and contact me in a private realm if you have a strong need for discussion.**

No comments:

Post a Comment