Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Laziness, missing noses, bums, pap pizza, and hatchets.

I haven't posted in a long time, simply because I have been lazy and unmotivated.  I am trying to get motivated, but I am grappling with school being in three weeks, and needing to study for the GRE which I am taking again sometime in September or October.  Also, a wedding I will be performing is looming in the near future, and I need to find something witty, romantic, and heartfelt to say and pick something to read.  So, basically with so many responsibilities swirling, I choose to do nothing instead.

Here are some highlights for the week, though.

1. During a fight in the Boise area, a man bit off another man's nose.  WTF?

2. I saw a homeless man today wearing a sign that said "KICK ME FOR A DOLLAR."  A friend and I talked about how the sign grammatically means, kick the guy, and you get a dollar for doing it--you not only get to kick another human, you get paid for doing so.  What he really means, as I am sure you have gathered, is give him a dollar and you get to kick him.  I wanted to give him a couple of dollars to take a picture of him with the sign, but for some reason, I just didn't have the heart.  However, I think it rates as the most ingenious idea that any homeless person has come up with.  Degrading? Yes. Creative? Most definitely.

3. I drove past a Papa John's today, and the sign said "Pap John" or "Pap Pizza" or something like that.  My friend asked, "Are they out of business or something?" "No," I replied.  "But they will be soon if they are selling "Pap Pizza."

4.  A man attacked a soda machine with a hatchet on Sunday.  Why?  He thought there was someone trapped inside--oh, and he was high on meth.  I know it shouldn't, well maybe it should, but it makes me laugh really hard. 

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/08/02/1289300/boise-police-man-arrested-after.html#storylink=omni_popular

4 comments:

  1. Not to mention the 15-year-old girl who, while driving without a license, rammed a station wagon into a convenience store at a Chevron gas station: http://www.ktvb.com/home/15-year-old-drives-into-Nampa-gas-station-99814654.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week the treasure valley has been even more bizarre than normal. Hey people, take your meds!
    Andrea, don't stress about the GRE. I know you'll do well, now that you know what it's like. I truly have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's heat related craziness.....or a coincidence......or the depression....or meth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that you're back! and all your busy, hardwork and forward motion will come with small and BIG payoff! You will do fine on the GRE, when you make up your mind too! Trust yourself. You're terrific by nature you just can't help yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete