Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Gift

Today I arrived at work to find this right outside the front door to the building:



A television on top of the ashtray/trashcan.

I snapped this photo and wondered why someone would leave a TV there and more importantly I wonder about the television's journey and how it's new home came to be the ashtray. It's small enough that it could have been one man or one woman's solo-job.

I didn't have to wait long for my explanation. When my boss arrived at work today, and I pointed the television out, he said that yesterday he saw two men stumbling through the bushes with the TV (why they didn't use the sidewalk I don't know), and he didn't think they could see him, presumably because the windows are tinted. They plugged the TV in, discovered it didn't work, and left it on the ashtray. My boss thinks it came from the dumpster. I guess the men didn't feel like stumbling through the bushes just to put it back where it came from. Imagine if it would have worked.

1 comment:

  1. Stumbling through the bushes has an "on safari" feel to it when your intoxicated, also if you use the Crocodile hunter accent (pre-death by stingray) it's all the more better!

    ReplyDelete