Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank You. Yes, you.

No stories today, as I have to go out to the beautiful land of Mountain Home to visit my grandmother who is such a delight.

I just wanted to let everyone know that has been reading, I started my blog a month ago today in an attempt to force myself to write more. I have tried for everyday, and that hasn't always been possible, but it is getting easier. Part of what is making it easier has been knowing that people are reading it and enjoying it (though the inner critic tells me it can't be possible). As of this post I have 1765 hits--not bad for a month, and not possible without readers like you (this is starting to sound like a damned Public Television PSA).

Also, as you may have noticed, I put a donation button off to the side, not because I want to be gross (because it makes me feel a little gross), but because some friends of mine encouraged me to do so as it has become a "norm" in the blogging world. I know that everyone reading is as broke as me, but if you win the lottery, think of me. Or if you know someone that knows someone that wants to pay me to write, do some networking for me, will ya?

Thanks again!

*A special thanks to Michael for always fixing my jacked up images and template. Because without his help, this thing would be ugly because I am incompetent.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks! [Turns red and kicks at the ground awkwardly with right foot.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but think of your grandmother story that you brought to Engl. 329... which was wonderful. :) I'm glad you are writing more! I wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, you're welcome. You deserve it, really.

    April: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete